How to use Christians Online
- How do I join?
- How long until I can start using the site?
- How do I know if I am logged into www.christiansonline.com.au successfully?
- How do I add a photo to my profile?
- How do I edit my profile?
- What can I do if I forget or misplace my login or password?
- How do I update my email address?
- I am having technical difficulties using the Christian Friends system, what should I do?
- Can I use the Christian Friends section to make new friends, even though I am not single?
Contacting Other Members
- How do I contact other members?
- How do I know if the person I have contacted has received my message?
- How do I know if I have a message from someone?
Purchasing eStamps and VIP Membership
- Where do I purchase eStamps & VIP Membership?
- What if I don't have a Paypal account?
- I am having difficulty purchasing eStamps or VIP Membership, what should I do?
How to join
To join, simply click one of our 'Join now' buttons from the homepage and fill in your details.
1. Login Details: You are required to enter your contact details (username and password) as well as your email address to begin creating your account. For privacy reasons, personal information such as email address and your real name is never displayed on our website. Instead, other users will identify you through your unique Christians Online login name.
2. Describe Yourself "Describe Yourself" is designed for you to express who you are. Here you can tell people what makes you happy, your likes/dislikes etc.
3. My Ideal Partner. This is your opportunity to list the attributes you would like to meet in your partner.
4. Adding a Photo. Profiles with photos are 10 times
more likely to get contacted than those without. Therefore we would
recommend at least one. *Photos must be 700kb or under.
5. Confirm your registration. We send a confirmation email to your nominated email address. Please follow the prompts and confirm your registration by clicking on the link contained in the email, as otherwise your membership will NOT be activated. If you're using a web based email address, please be sure to check your Junk Mail settings to allow mail from Christians Online on your safe sender's list.
How long until I can start using the site?
Straight after registration. Profiles and photos on Christians Online are moderated for appropriate content. Should you have any questions please contact email@example.com
How do I know if I am logged into www.christiansonline.com.au successfully?
Once you have logged in successfully, you will be directed to your "My Page". Your username will be displayed on the left as well as your membership details which alerts you to any new messages and also length of membership remaining.
How do I add a photo to my profile?To add your photo to your profile, simply follow these easy steps:
- Log in to your profile.
- Click on 'My Page' located in the top navigation bar.
- Select 'My Photos,' then click 'Add Picture.'
- Next, select your photo file from your computer and enter a description of the photo (optional) Please Note: Photo must be in JPEG format (extension .jpg) and under 700kb for it to be accepted.
- Hit 'Submit' and you're done!
How do I edit my profile?
Your profile is broken up into two sections - edit profile and change photo.
To edit your profile, simply log in using your Log In name and password and click 'My Page'. Following this, click on 'Edit Profile' located underneath the top navigation bar.
What can I do if I forget or misplace my login or password?
If you have forgotten or misplaced your login details, then go to our automated password request service to retrieve them.
How do I update my email address?
Your email address can be edited in the 'Account Details' section of 'My Page'. To do this, log in using your Log In name and password. Following this, click on 'My Page' located on the top navigation bar and then click 'Account Details'. When changing your email address, you must change it where it states 'email' and click 'Submit.'
I am having technical difficulties using the Christian Online system, what should I do?
Firstly, please browse through the FAQ's to make sure your problem is not addressed here. If it is not, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your problem. If your screen is displaying an error message, please copy and paste the message into the email to enable us to fix the problem.
Can I use Christians Online to make new friends, even though I am not single?
Christians Online is for everyone. Although many of the Christian Friends members are single, there are also quite a few who are not and simply looking to make some Christian friends. We suggest that when you do your profile, you make mention in your description that you are happily married (or in a relationship) and looking to find some new Christian friends, regardless of gender. This way people searching know what you are looking for ie: not a relationship but a friendship.
How do I contact other members?
Go to www.christiansonline.com.au and log in using your Log In and Password. Go to the profile of the person you wish to contact and click the 'Contact Me' button. Write your message and hit send - it's that easy! This is exactly the same as writing an email to a friend, where you can write what you want.
Please Note: To communicate with other members you must be registered and have an active paid profile on our site.
How do I know if the person I have contacted has received my message?
When you send a message, 99% of the time your message will be sent successfully. However, if your message does not get through successfully, you will receive a message from Christians Online notifying you that your message was undeliverable. Messages that are not processed successfully are usually due to an incorrect email address entered when the profile you are contacting has been setup. We suggest you try once more, and if it doesn't go through again, try contacting someone else.
How do I know if I have a message from someone?
You will receive a message from Christians Online to your email address. The message will state that you have a message waiting and there will be a button to click on to retrieve your message. Alternatively you can view your inbox/outbox by simply logging into your Christians Online account with your username and password.
Please Note: Messages are sent via our secure and anonymous email exchange.
Where do I purchase a eStamps & VIP Membership?
Go to www.christiansonline.com.au and log in using your Log In and Password. Click on 'My Page' located under the top navigation bar you will see 'Purchase eStamps'. Select which package you would like to purchase. Follow the prompts, selecting the package you wish to purchase and enter your payment details. Once your payment is processed your eStamps are automatically assigned to your Log In Account and you can start contacting people.
Go to www.christiansonline.com.au and log in using your Log In and Password. Click on 'My Page' located under the top navigation bar you will see 'Purchase VIP Membership'. You will be redirected to the VIP membership purchase page, select the Paypal button and follow the prompts using the Paypal checkout. Once your payment is processed your VIP Membership is automatically assigned to your Log In Account.
What if I don't have a Paypal account?1. You will need to set up a basic Paypal account to process your credit card. We Use Paypal to protect your information.
2. Enter your credit card details to your Paypal account for an instant purchase (you do not need to add a bank account).
Paypal securely stores your details on your account for any future purchases, saving you time and giving you peace of mind that your information is secure.
I am having difficulty purchasing my membership, what should I do?
Firstly, please browse through our FAQ's to make sure your problem is not addressed there. If it is not, please email email@example.com with the details of your problem. If your screen is displaying an error message, please copy and paste the message into the email to enable us to fix the problem.